    SubjectRe: Good news for SPARC/Linux
      Richard Gooch <> writes:
    > > Sun has been working quietly with distributors and a select number of
    > > Linux community representatives to port Linux to its UltraSparc processor
    > > by as early as February, [...]
    > I don't know what to make of this statement. When I first read it, it
    > sounded like they are helping port Linux to the UltraSparc. But
    > UltraPenguin is already available! So what are they actually going to
    > help with?
    They already did, they just kept quiet about it until now.

    But you're right -- if they would release all their cool (or not-so-cool,
    as the case may be) Slowaris utilities for Linux, preferably with an Open
    Source-ish license, _that_ would make a newsworthy statement...

    Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | | ICQ: 20193661

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:18.528 seconds]