SubjectRe: Good news for SPARC/Linux
  Richard Gooch <> writes:
> > Sun has been working quietly with distributors and a select number of
> > Linux community representatives to port Linux to its UltraSparc processor
> > by as early as February, [...]
> I don't know what to make of this statement. When I first read it, it
> sounded like they are helping port Linux to the UltraSparc. But
> UltraPenguin is already available! So what are they actually going to
> help with?
They already did, they just kept quiet about it until now.

But you're right -- if they would release all their cool (or not-so-cool,
as the case may be) Slowaris utilities for Linux, preferably with an Open
Source-ish license, _that_ would make a newsworthy statement...

Matthias Urlichs | noris network GmbH | | ICQ: 20193661