    SubjectRe: crypto
    Alex Buell <alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk> writes:

    > On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
    >
    > > I assume you mean xmit from the US, if so, that would be illegal.
    >
    > I'm flying back to the UK end of this week. Send me yer crypto stuff here
    > at my US email address, I'll print them out on paper and physically export
    > to Britain. :o) That should be legal is it not?

    No, it's not. If you're a US citizen, it's not legal to transfer files
    to other machines once you enter crypto code in the UK (unless you're
    sending to US machines, which you could do already). If you're not a US
    citizen, it would be illegal for Mr. Wedgwood to send the files to you --
    it doesn't matter if you're in the US or not; if you're not a US national,
    sending files to you counts as exporting them.

    -- Michael

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.021 / U:0.492 seconds]