SubjectRe: patch to drivers/char/serial.c to fix kernel lock-up
On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 04:02:21PM -0500, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Please take this patch to drivers/char/serial.c. It fixes a problem I was
> having where the kernel would lock up solidly (infinite loop in serial.c).

> Umm... can you give me more information about exactly how to reproduce
> this? I've tried, and I can't reproduce it. Note that startup() checks
>
> Given that no one else has reported anything vaguely like this, and the
> serial driver hasn't change significantly recently, I must conclude that
> you must be doing something different, or your system must be different
> in some way from most other people's.
>
> Are you using a SMP machine? Were any other serial ports open when you
> ran kermit? How are your irq's and ports configured? Etc.

Did you read the "seyon crahes 2.1.129!" mail I sent to the list?
(Obviuosly, I wanted to write crashes ...) Actually, you should read the

I think it's the same problem ...

Also SMP here, BTW.

--
Kurt Garloff <K.Garloff@ping.de> (Dortmund, FRG)
PGP key on http://student.physik.uni-dortmund.de/homepages/garloff

>There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux
>development. I.e. the quality is too high and the speed is too high, in
>other words, I can implement this XXXX feature, but I bet someone else
>has already done it and is just about to release his patch to Linus soon...
[From a posting of Tigran Aivazian to linux-kernel, XXXX = disk stat]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:1.156 / U:0.012 seconds]