    SubjectRe: [OFFTOPIC] Re: linux kernel hackers discover new theory of relativity!
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: Christophe Dupre <>
    In newsgroup:
    > > I blame it on all those space cadet shows that have their space craft
    > > spinning sections of their bodies supposedly to create artificial gravity.
    > > I've always wondered though, if the spinning resulted in artificial gravity
    > > (I assume because of the direction of the floor in relation to those inside)
    > > then what about when this spinning object is travelling in a direction
    > > different from the spin direction.
    > Babylon 5 is closer to the reality of physics - the spinning station
    > creates artificial gravity, but only for people standing on the
    > inside walls of the cylinder. Those who are near of rotation axis
    > are in zero-gravity. This is not gravity guys, it's centrifugal
    > force, the same that pushes you against your car's window when you
    > take a sharp turn. --

    Actually, it *is* gravity. Read up on general relativity if you don't
    believe me.

    PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
    See for web page and full PGP public key
    I am Bahá'í -- ask me about it or see
    "To love another person is to see the face of God." -- Les Misérables

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.022 / U:5.676 seconds]