SubjectKernel panic with Linux 2.2.0pre2
So as to not be rude,

I tried 2.2.0pre[1,2]. Pre1 SMP would only find one of my cpu's:-( I posted a
report. I then tried pre2 when it became available. I get the following panic
at boot:

Partition check:
hda: unknown partition table
hdb: unknown partition table
NTFS version 980101
attempt to access past end of device
03:01: rw=0, want=2, limit=0
EXT@-fs: unable to read superblock
attempt to access past end of device
03:01: rw=0, want=33, limit=0
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=03:01, iso_blknum=16, block=32
hda1: bad access: block=0, count=1
end_request: I/O error, dev 0301 (hda), sector 0
reading superblock failed
Kernel panic: VFS Unable to mount foot fs on 03:01

I saw there were some patches to the ide code having to do with LBA and drive
configurations. My drive is a MAXTOR 87000A8 (7004 MB). Fdisk lists it with
heads=15, sectors=63 and cylinders=14475. I have an ASUS P55T2P4D mother board.
If any other info would be helpful please let me know.

Pls low flame if cockpit error;-)
don