    SubjectLinux 2.2.0pre2

    Well, some people obviously had problems with the first 2.2.0pre, so
    there's a second one there. Most of it is almost purely syntactic sugar:
    configuration issues and jiffies wraparound, but there were a few problems
    wrt some IDE disk geometry stuff in particular that made 2.2.0pre1 not
    boot for some people.

    Other real changes:
    - nfsd updated, and we have an official maintainer for knfsd (and I was
    happy by how many people were ready to stand up for it. Good show,
    guys!)
    - network driver updates (tulip/eepro)
    - some TCP fixes for occasional but nasty performance problems.
    - fix for an attack where you could cause a complete and utter lockup of
    the kernel as a normal user. Thanks to Michael Chastain for keeping the
    faith on this one and reminding me to fix it.

    If you haven't had problems with pre1, there should be no major cause to
    look at pre2. But if you haven't even looked at pre1 yet, please consider
    looking at the pre-2.2.0 kernels before it's too late. I'm going to be
    extremely rude to people who knew better but didn't test out the pre-
    kernels and then send me bug-reports on the released 2.2.0.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:62.512 seconds]