    SubjectVFAT and 2.2.0-pre1-acX?
    Date
        I haven't had time to investigate this issue thouroughly, but it seems
    that something in the 2.2.0-pre1-acX kernels is breaking vfat support.
    Whenever I boot up/mount my vfat partitions under 2.2.0-pre1-ac2 or ac4 (I
    missed 1 and 3), I get a "bad FSInfo offset" (or something similar) error,
    but the partition still manages to mount. The only problem is that after
    being mounted, my vfat partitions automagically become 100% full. I am able
    to read from the partitions, but writing is impossible. Under win98 (yick),
    scandisk.log reports:

    Drive Tessier (C:) contained the following errors:

    The drive contained an error in its FSInfoSector.
    Resolution: Repair the error
    Results: Error was corrected as specified above.

    ScanDisk found errors on this drive and fixed them all.

    I have been running 2.1.X kernels without this problem and 2.2.0-pre1
    did not seem to do this either. Once I started using Alan's pre1-acX
    patches, this happens without fail. Is anybody else experiencing a similar
    problem?

    -Allan.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:0.592 seconds]