    SubjectRe: IDE freeze for seconds
    Montreal Wed Dec  2 18:06:45 1998

    George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> wrote:
    > True enough. Disks will last longer and waste less energy if kept
    > spinning. A motor draws much more current when starting than it does in

    Too bad harddrives emit such killer noise. I have 1 4.3G harddrive
    that has been relegated to archiving stuff and non-essential use
    although I'm in dire need of harddisk space. As for the other drive,
    I've given up on trying to make it spin down since something or other
    invariably wakes it up at least once every hour (even when I suspend
    just about every process on my machine).

    Anyone know of sound proof cases?

    Navin