SubjectRe: Linux-2.2.0 (pre1)

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Steven N. Hirsch wrote:
> They are not new, and HJ has been trying to get them into the official
> sources for over three months.

Quite frankly, the rationale is that nobody has stood up and said that
they are willing to really support the Linux kernel nfsd. I get patches
from people that I know don't intend to _support_ it, they only re-send
patches that they have seen floating around, and nobody seems to bother to
take a real active interest.

In that kind of situation, I tend to ignore the patches, and unless
somebody is willing to stand up and say that they'll actually support it
and do more than just re-send patches that have been on some mailing
lists, the real 2.2.0 is probably just going to have knfsd be marked

Basically, I don't use knfsd myself, and under those kinds of
circumstances when I can't test the patches reasonably, I want somebody to
be able to really talk to and ask them to clean something up or fix or

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.099 / U:0.232 seconds]