    SubjectRe: Patch for PAS sound driver (2.1.131)
    Under what conditions were you seeing incorrect IRQ settings for the PAS
    16? I've never noticed a problem with the kernel detecting and using
    the card with the correct settings, including the Soundblaster
    emulation. Of course, the card was set up in its current configuration a
    long time ago under DOS and I've never had an occasion to change it.
    That may have something to do with it.

    I'll have to try your patch though, since I had noticed the problem with
    undloading modules when compiled and installed that way. Since I mostly
    compile and use the card monolithicaly, I haven't felt compelled to look
    into the code closely.

    On Sun, 27 Dec 1998, Alex Stewart wrote:

    > Hiho.. I recently started looking at the 2.1 kernel by downloading and
    > compiling 2.1.131.. Everything seems to be working fairly smoothly
    > except I noticed that the sound driver for the Pro Audio Spectrum sound
    > cards has some bugs in it.

    >This patch fixes bugs in the linux kernel (2.1.131) for the Pro Audio
    >Spectrum (pas2) sound card driver:
    > * Fixed IRQ hardware setup to actually set the correct IRQ.
    > * Fixed code to correctly address cards with non-default base address
    > as per published specifications.
    > * Removed apparently unnecessary module dependency which causes
    > driver to be unable to load when compiled as a module.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.028 / U:0.280 seconds]