    SubjectRe: scary ext2 filesystem question
    Date
    > the overhead was below 5% *in initial implementation*. Overhead compared
    > to async variant, that is. It can be done for Linux implementation but
    > we'll have to clean the VFS stuff up before.

    Stephen is doing full journalling.

    > are not independent. If we want to guarantee that on-disk copy is
    > consistent at any moment we must submit these changes in _some_ order. The

    No order provides total consistency without a journalling log as far as I can
    tell. Please provide an ordering example for extending a file that does not
    either expose unwritten blocks to the user (security failure) or potentially
    have to go and clean a block up afterwards

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:2.136 seconds]