SubjectRe: scary ext2 filesystem question
Date
> the overhead was below 5% *in initial implementation*. Overhead compared
> to async variant, that is. It can be done for Linux implementation but
> we'll have to clean the VFS stuff up before.

Stephen is doing full journalling.

> are not independent. If we want to guarantee that on-disk copy is
> consistent at any moment we must submit these changes in _some_ order. The

No order provides total consistency without a journalling log as far as I can
tell. Please provide an ordering example for extending a file that does not
either expose unwritten blocks to the user (security failure) or potentially
have to go and clean a block up afterwards

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:1.149 / U:0.896 seconds]