SubjectRe: Reading empty file (was: Re: /dev/full)
Horst von Brand <vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl> wrote:

> > The lesson here, is to use /dev/zero when you mean it, and /dev/null
> > when you mean it, and don't use /dev/full for anything useful. :)
>
> Nope.

You seem to think that you are telling me something that I
don't know. As if I have no idea what the difference is between
/dev/{null,full,zero} is. Do you really think that I am that
confused? Did the smiley give you any indication?

> Write to /dev/full for an error like "disk full"

Is this really considered "useful"? Obviously someone thinks it is
useful, because it is in the kernel, but I don't see any immediate
applications. Still, it's easy to code, and doesn't take up much kernel
space.

Merry Christmas.

--
fox@dallas.net (Fuzzy Fox) || "Nothing takes the taste out of peanut
sometimes known as David DeSimone || butter quite like unrequited love."