    SubjectRe: Cheap network for two hosts ?
    Hi David.

    >>> Best option: buy two network cards and a crossover cable or a hub.
    >>> Faster, more efficient, more reliable. Slightly more expensive, but
    >>> it's worth it.

    >> I don't know what you call "Slightly more expensive", but I bought a
    >> box containing a dozen old NE2000 clone cards for a fiver. So far,
    >> I've used five of them, and sold a further four for £3 each, and by my
    >> arithmetic, I don't think I could have done any better...

    > I'd like to network 3 computers. Problem: one is a laptop. Any idea
    > where I can get an ethernet card (preferably 10-base-T for a laptop for
    > a reasonable price?

    I just bought one new from one of the local computer shops, that does
    both 10base2 and 10baseT for the amazingly expensive prive of £42.50,
    and even on student income, I can afford that...

    In fact, I'm using it to install RedHat 5.2 on the laptop in question
    as we speak...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.020 / U:41.376 seconds]