SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 11:42:05AM +0100, Marcin Dalecki wrote:
> Hey guy can You imagin the following situation:
>
> I don't care whatever linux is free or not or whatever, as long, as long
> it is reasonable affordable for me. In fact about $50 for a desktop os
> seems OK to me. I'm using Linux for technical and not political reasons.
> And I don't care about you needing to get some ego points by renaming it
> to GNU/Linux. The GNU project has started with the intent to provide
> it's
> own kernel compleatly independant from the FSF. In fact at the beginning
> the Copyright text wasn't even the same...

It's the approach of making free software which also guarantees for its high
quality. Just one important point (out of many others) you missed.

--
Kurt Garloff <K.Garloff@ping.de> (Dortmund, FRG)
PGP key on http://student.physik.uni-dortmund.de/homepages/garloff

There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux
development. I.e. the quality is too high and the speed is too high, in
other words, I can implement this XXXX feature, but I bet someone else
has already done it and is just about to release his patch to Linus soon...
[From a posting of Tigran Aivazian to linux-kernel, XXXX = disk stat]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.182 / U:0.072 seconds]