SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
C S Hendrix wrote:
> In message <>, Wayne Schlitt writes:
> > Interesting. Minix and Coherent were both that cheap and were both
> > much better than Linux for several years.
> I personally switched to Linux initially because it didn't cost me
> anything. I could only afford the $99 for Coherent, and barely that.
> I knew immediately that Linux was better, and did things neither
> Coherent or Minix could even early in the game.
> I have always believed in software freedom, long before hearing of
> GNU or much about UNIX, so Linux really just proved to me that I
> was right about something and that it could really be a great thing.
> > The technical advantages that they now have is due to their success
> > and freedom.
> Yep. I'll note that most companies that do well, have a similar
> model of development, they just keep it internal to them.

Though they don't get the benefit of hundreds (thousands?) of active
developers and a few million users to bang on every development
By the way... how come many people still believe that no good support is
available for Linux, when I have found that Linux support is better than
any other (there are people who actually know how linux works, if it's
broke it gets fixed......)