    SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
    C S Hendrix wrote:
    > In message <>, Wayne Schlitt writes:
    > > Interesting. Minix and Coherent were both that cheap and were both
    > > much better than Linux for several years.
    > I personally switched to Linux initially because it didn't cost me
    > anything. I could only afford the $99 for Coherent, and barely that.
    > I knew immediately that Linux was better, and did things neither
    > Coherent or Minix could even early in the game.
    > I have always believed in software freedom, long before hearing of
    > GNU or much about UNIX, so Linux really just proved to me that I
    > was right about something and that it could really be a great thing.
    > > The technical advantages that they now have is due to their success
    > > and freedom.
    > Yep. I'll note that most companies that do well, have a similar
    > model of development, they just keep it internal to them.

    Though they don't get the benefit of hundreds (thousands?) of active
    developers and a few million users to bang on every development

    By the way... how come many people still believe that no good support is
    available for Linux, when I have found that Linux support is better than
    any other (there are people who actually know how linux works, if it's
    broke it gets fixed......)