SubjectMerry Christmas! [OFFTOPIC]
Date
My first GPL'ed work! ;-)

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring not even a (3-button) mouse.
The kernel hackers all hung their stockings with care,
in hopes that St. Linus soon would be there.

The users were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of World Domination danced in their heads.
When on the net there arose such a clatter,
we checked up on slashdot to see what was the matter.

And what to our wondering eyes should appear,
but a posting from St. Linus, wishing good cheer.
He announced to world of his first release,
of the 2.2 kernel, and sighed with relief.
More rapid than eagles, the downloads they came,
with much joy and rejoicing and hardly a flame.

Thanks Alan, and DaveM, and Andrea too,
Thanks Stephen and Rik, and thanks Richard too.
Thanks one and all, for the code and support,
It wouldn't be the same without your comments and reports.

He's tested each whistle and tested each bell,
and hopes that each feature now performs well.
But he knows there will be problems and bugs to report,
somehow these escape our best thoughts and effort.
And as he signs off and wishes holiday cheer,
He says "No need to thank me, just buy me a beer!"

Copyright 1998, Mark J. Bobak
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.023 / U:0.028 seconds]