SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux
In <367F777D.8CAA4A92@cs.net.pl> Marcin Dalecki <dalecki@cs.net.pl> writes:
> Hey guy can You imagin the following situation:
>
> I don't care whatever linux is free or not or whatever, as long, as long
> it is reasonable affordable for me. In fact about $50 for a desktop os
> seems OK to me. I'm using Linux for technical and not political reasons.

Interesting. Minix and Coherent were both that cheap and were both
much better than Linux for several years. Solaris and SCO are both
that cheap now, and they have some technical advantages over Linux.

I think the success of Linux, and the *BSDs, is because of freedom,
not because of technical advantages. The technical advantages that
they now have is due to their success and freedom.

> PS. BTW. Still the question remains: Whot does this have to do with the
> linux kernel's developement?

dunno. nothing that you have posted in response has anything to do
with the kernel. If you think that this is important, I would suggest
you stop posting.

-wayne

--
Wayne Schlitt can not assert the truth of all statements in this
article and still be consistent.