SubjectRe: 2.1.131: revised patch `PPSkit-0.4.0pre1.diff.gz2'
On 21 Dec 98, at 15:22, Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi Ulrich.
>
> > although the feedback was not very positive (i.e. thare was hardly
> > any), and the download statistics indicate poor interest (most from
> > Japan, two from Germany, one from elsewhere), I worked further on
> > the patch, completing the new architectures (arm and sparc64).
>
> > So a new patch is available at
>
> > ftp://pcphy4.physik.uni-regensburg.de/pub/wiu09524/PPS/PPSkit-0.4.0pre1.diff.bz2
>
> > I really could need feedback on whether the thing works on all
> > architectures. I'm not deeply involved with the kernel sources, so
> > I might have missed one thing or the other.
>
> If I had the foggiest idea what it was, I'd probably consider looking
> at it, but so far, I haven't even the faintest what it's supposed to
> be/do...
>
> You might wish to include suchlike details in a posting sometime...

For a simple test, you could simply apply the patch, recompile, and
see if anything changes for you. No change is good news then. I'm
sorry for the lack of documentation, but you could get some of the
recent PPSkit-0.3.*.tar.gz which include a little more information.

There's really a problem, that glibc2 lacks working NTP API
functions. I don't have recent sources yet, but maybe I can provide a
patch soon...

For complete background information visit
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp

There's also a so-called "FAQ" there that includes some of the
interesting questions and answers from the newsgroup
comp.protocols.time.ntp

Regards,
Ulrich Windl

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.640 / U:1.000 seconds]