    > Subject: Re: Fujitsu can't work properly in UDMA2 mode
    > > I am seeing similar errors on my home system. The interesting thing is
    > > these errors started occuring only with the development line of kernels.
    > CRC errors are from UDMA, so your machine may well not be doing UDMA with
    > 2.0. Now if you are overclocking the machine you've answered the question, go
    > away and don't overclock it.

    The machine is a Pentium 166 that is *NOT* overclocked. (I installed the chip
    myself and made sure it was at the correct speed and voltage from the board.)

    > If you are not overclocking it check the IDE cabling is short enough for UDMA
    > and attached properly

    What is the correct length? (The cable is not that long (maybe 2 feet, if
    that). It is connected correctly.)

    I saw another post on weirdnesses with the via chipset. Since I believe that
    is what I have on that board I am going to investigate that route further.

    Alan Olsen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:23.928 seconds]