    > Subject: Re: Fujitsu can't work properly in UDMA2 mode
    > > My problem with my HD was something similar. When I bought my new computer
    > > I change the speed of my Pentium II 350 to 396(+-) and the UDMA did not
    > > work properly, and the Hard Disk gave CRC errors. I cannot understand why
    > > the hard disk have problems when I change the speed of the processor. Is
    > > the procesor the checker of CRC of the disk? When I disable the DMA with
    > > hdparm the error disappear.
    > For the same sort of reasons that if you tune the engine of a car and go
    > twice as fast as you should the suspension tends to break
    > All the pieces are interconnected

    I am seeing similar errors on my home system. The interesting thing is that
    these errors started occuring only with the development line of kernels.

    I would like to be able to track this problem down further. Is there a way to
    force the kernel to display what type of chipset and mode it is using for the
    hard drive controller? I usually use the defaults for the kernel. (I need to
    get the specs on the motherboard for the exact chipset. It is fairly new for a
    Pentium motherboard. The bios is from within the last 3 or so months.)

    Alan Olsen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.021 / U:0.380 seconds]