SubjectRe: win chip???
On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

> From: hpa@transmeta.com (H. Peter Anvin)
> Date: 30 Nov 1998 00:03:25 GMT
>
> Anyone working on RockWell or Lucent support? I have a laptop with a
> Lucent-based internal LoseModem[TM]... maybe I should give it a shot.
>
> If someone can actually get their hands on real, live, useful
> programming information for any of the WinModem-like chipsets, please
> let me know. The last time I investigated a URL which was posted to
> Linux-kernel by someone claiming the information was all publically
> available, the URL went to a hardware specifications sheet for the
> Lucent chipset which told me what temperature ranges the chip would
> tolerate, and what voltages it needed, but absolutely no software
> programming information.
>
> - Ted

Well, looking over the specs, these are apparently basically their 16xx
DSP's on a board with a line interface (and they sell the 16xx development
kits for big bux), so I think the most we can hope for is a block of code
to dump to the modem and (hopefully) info on how that code talks to the
PC... so much for a GPL'd driver...

-Tymm

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans