    SubjectRe: win chip???
    On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

    > From: hpa@transmeta.com (H. Peter Anvin)
    > Date: 30 Nov 1998 00:03:25 GMT
    >
    > Anyone working on RockWell or Lucent support? I have a laptop with a
    > Lucent-based internal LoseModem[TM]... maybe I should give it a shot.
    >
    > If someone can actually get their hands on real, live, useful
    > programming information for any of the WinModem-like chipsets, please
    > let me know. The last time I investigated a URL which was posted to
    > Linux-kernel by someone claiming the information was all publically
    > available, the URL went to a hardware specifications sheet for the
    > Lucent chipset which told me what temperature ranges the chip would
    > tolerate, and what voltages it needed, but absolutely no software
    > programming information.
    >
    > - Ted

    Well, looking over the specs, these are apparently basically their 16xx
    DSP's on a board with a line interface (and they sell the 16xx development
    kits for big bux), so I think the most we can hope for is a block of code
    to dump to the modem and (hopefully) info on how that code talks to the
    PC... so much for a GPL'd driver...

    -Tymm

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.026 / U:124.592 seconds]