SubjectRE: SANE and Kernels 2.1.127-130

> > run), or 2.1.127 which broke SANE. If I do a preview, the scanner locks
> > up about halfway down the page, and also locks the application. Under
> > kernel 2.1.129 I actually had a system lock up after attempting to
> > access the scanner again.
>
> FYI, I too have experienced this. My configuration is similar to yours:
>
> 2.1.129 (UP)
> Adaptec 2940UW
> ID 0 - Iomega ZIP 100
> ID 1 - UMAX Astra 610S
>
> AMD K6-300/128MB RAM, 2 IDE HDs
>
> > I have tried this using all the above kernel versions, and with SANE
> > 0.74 and the recently released SANE 1.0. I don't know what is causing
> > the problem, and the system logs do not indicate a problem. I suspect
> > the problem may lie in the SCSI generic code in the kernel, or in the
> > ever-changing Adaptec aic7xxx driver.

> I experienced the problem with SANE 1.0. I was previously using SANE
> (I do not recall the version) under 2.1.126 without problems.

It would appear that 2.1.127 was the culprit release then.

> I don't get any log messages whatsoever, and I haven't experienced any
> system lockups, but the scanner just sits there with its light on and
> the scan head about halfway down the deck until I power cycle it (resetting
> the computer does not reset the scanner).

Exactly the problem I get.

> Is there a configuration option for the aic7xxx driver that we can turn
> on to enable debugging information, or any specific tests that we could
> run to see what's going on?
>
> -Jon Burchmore

Interesting idea. I believe the SCSI code in the kernel can be told to
report statistics under /proc/scsi, but I don't know about debugging info.

-Craig Condit

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.242 / U:0.112 seconds]