SubjectRe: Article: IBM wants to "clean up the license" of Linux

In message <m0zrYgt-0007U1C@the-village.bc.nu>, Alan Cox wrote:
} > } However, GNU/Linux is really the correct terminology assuming your
} > } distribution is half made up of GNU tools.
} >
} > I don't call my PC an "ASUS/AMD/AMI/Samsung/Intel" machine, do you?
}
} Stallman has said many times all he was trying to do was remind people Linux
} is part of one big community of free software not just its own little
} community.

And, as is typical for him, he did it in a manner which ensured that
he alienated and irritated the maximum number of people as possible who
may actually have shared his views and aspirations. In any case, this
has all been beaten to death before; I probably shouldn't have replied
to the thread in the first place.

--
Jon Hamilton
hamilton@pobox.com