SubjectRe: aha152x driver can lockup your machine
Date
> The aha152x driver (in 130 at least) has got a horrible tendency to suck
> interrupts away from everything else when the machine is under high
> load. I was ripping from my CD-ROM (plextor 32x on an ncr53c875) to a

Yes

> Eventually I'll get rid of the 1522, but I've had it all through my linux
> experience, and I'll continue to need it until I can afford a properly
> terminated 68<->50 SCSI cable. :)

In the mean time you can if you wish look into the driver and see where
you can drop the io_request lock as some other drivers do. In the case of
scsi the request itself shouldnt be an issue, but unlike 2.0 the irqs
and the normal threads can be running in parallel on 2.1.x so you need
to check the locking is safe. If you do that your irq performance will
return.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.053 / U:0.436 seconds]