    SubjectRe: NFS ...
    > * Another Network at our department is sometimes not working very well. I
    > have some filesystems mounted via NFS, but nothing essential. Only data
    > mounted on some mountpoint dir and a symlink from my homedir.
    > Now, if the network hangs, a ls in my homedir hangs in D state and never
    > gives up. Sopmetimes, I am even not able to kill -9 the process. I am never
    > able to umount the fs (no process is working with any of the files in the
    > NFS mounted dir, BTW).

    2.1.x supports umount -f - you may need to send a kill to all the processes
    and try it a few times but it normally gets you out

    > * 2.1.125 knfsd starts working fine but after some time when doing ls on the
    > client, it only says /bin/ls: no such file or directory for a hundred times.
    > (That many file are in thsi directory.) Client is 2.0.36.

    2.1.125 is prehistory, and its knfsd buggy

    > server machine was slow (486-100), too. Now with P-150, I see 100kB/s
    > between two Linux systems, which is still a little low, isn't it?

    Try 2.1.131*. The client is a lot faster, and with Stephens pageclustering
    patches the behaviour is even nicer for binaries and swapping patterns.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.027 / U:120.044 seconds]