    SubjectRe: process checkpointing
    Hi Oren.

    >>> are there any patches to support process checkpointin on x86 ?

    >> I'm currently working on this, but I have virtually nothing
    >> written yet. Since you mention it, I'll take this opporunity to
    >> seek input from the restof the community.

    > BTW, checkpointing of a single process (unlike a bunch of
    > collaborating processes) can be evidently done (see above) entirely
    > in user-space.

    Does this include all children of the specified process? If so, that
    essentially covers all cases since any pipeline can be turned into a
    shell script, and the resulting shell script then just becomes a
    process with children...

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:13.292 seconds]