SubjectRe: Good news for SPARC/Linux
menion@mindless.com writes:

> > ``We consider anyone who is using Linux to be in the open standards camp
> > and making good things happen, especially since there is such great
> > interoperability between Linux and Solaris,'' Sun's group manager for
> > Power Workstations Robert Novak told Computer Reseller News. ``It offers
> > a real strong alternative to NT and Windows.''
>
> And I thought that UltraSparc Linux worked?

At the risk of triggering an emotional response in L.McVoy, I'll point
out that we've been though this already. Sun has been working behind
the scenes to help the development of UltraPenguin. They provided
access to hardware and information.

I agree that the message was a little ambiguous: it wasn't clear
whether their support was "new" (i.e. supporting future developments
in UltraPenguin) or "existing" (i.e. supported the original work in
UltraPenguin). From various responses, I gather their support was
"existing" and is ongoing.

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.171 / U:0.084 seconds]