SubjectRe: sys_utime bug in 131?
Alan Cox wrote:

> > The above shows that calling utime() on a symbolic link results in the
> > times being set for the actual file, not the link.
>
> This seems correct. The areas where something affects the link itself
> in the Single Unix Standard say so. Nothing is said about utime() not
> following links

Thanks, I have registered for this, and will refer to it in the future
before posting! :->

We were expecting stat/lstat to behave the SCO way, which recommends
calling lstat first, and if that fails, then calling stat. Obviously,
this is NOT the POSIX or UNIX 98 standard way of doing things... ;)

--
Richard Fish Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.
Software Developer 4014 E Broadway Rd Suite 405