    SubjectRe: Linux threads -- as seen in NT Magazine
    Mike Touloumtzis writes:
    > On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 08:12:15AM +1100, Richard Gooch wrote:
    > >
    > > David Feuer writes:
    > > >
    > > > Apparently everyone else on the face of the earth disagrees with me, but
    > > > I think that it would really be nice if threads could send asynchronous
    > > > events to each others (signals or similar). 'twould also be pleasant if
    > >
    > > ??? Since each thread is a "process" under Linux, sending signals from
    > > one thread to another is trivial. Use kill(2).
    > >
    > ...or you can even use pthread_kill() for thread ID based signaling.

    At the moment, it boils down to the same thing.

    > Signaling isn't POSIX threads compliant yet AFAIK, but there are
    > certainly more valid points to be scored against Linux threading
    > than that (such as the painfully slow emergence of thread-aware
    > debuggers).

    I don't what the holdup is with POSIX signalling. I think it can all
    be done in userspace (libpthread traps each signal in all threads and
    routes them as required).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:46    [W:0.019 / U:33.540 seconds]