    SubjectRe: SMP 2.1.131: SCSI performance extremely poor vs. IDE
    I wonder about the bonnie benchmarking, but here is a SCSI benchmark with
    bonnie and a Symbios 875 and a 18 barracuda, P233 and 128 megs of ram.
    Linux version 2.1.131 (root@the-penguin) (gcc version 2.7.2.3) #2 SMP Fri Dec 4 12:47:33 PST 1998

    -------Sequential Output-------- ---Sequential Input-- --Random--
    -Per Char- --Block--- -Rewrite-- -Per Char- --Block--- --Seeks---
    Machine MB K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU /sec %CPU
    100 2393 88.8 14381 80.5 4067 42.5 2657 91.4 13936 59.9 493.9 13.7

    How does this stack up? is it a SMP only thing?

    *--* Mail: lawrence@otak-k.com
    *--* Voice: 425.739.4247
    *--* Fax: 425.827.9577
    *--* HTTP://www.otak-k.com/~lawrence/