SubjectRe: Config-option for PS/2 mouse detection at boot time [patch]

> > Please correct me if this patch is bad and there is a better way to really
> > detect the presence of a ps2-mouse from userland.
> I think what would be better would be to not patch to kernel to not
> call misc_register() when the PS/2 mouse is not detected. I note in my
> boot logs that the PS/2 mouse was not detected (fair enough: I don't
> have one), but I still see it in /proc/misc. That should be fixed.

It depends: I do not have mouse connected on boot but want to connect
it at runtime. How should I do it?

PS: Don't tell me I should not do it. I *have to*. Braindamaged
thinkpad bios will not boot when it fails to talk to mouse, and it
fails because I'm really plugging keyboard in :-).

I'm really Pavel
Look at ;-).