    SubjectRe: Config-option for PS/2 mouse detection at boot time [patch]
    Hi!

    > > Please correct me if this patch is bad and there is a better way to really
    > > detect the presence of a ps2-mouse from userland.
    >
    > I think what would be better would be to not patch to kernel to not
    > call misc_register() when the PS/2 mouse is not detected. I note in my
    > boot logs that the PS/2 mouse was not detected (fair enough: I don't
    > have one), but I still see it in /proc/misc. That should be fixed.

    It depends: I do not have mouse connected on boot but want to connect
    it at runtime. How should I do it?

    Pavel

    PS: Don't tell me I should not do it. I *have to*. Braindamaged
    thinkpad bios will not boot when it fails to talk to mouse, and it
    fails because I'm really plugging keyboard in :-).

    --
    I'm really pavel@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz. Pavel
    Look at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/ ;-).