    SubjectRe: /proc/pci, lspci etc.
    Hello,

    > Yes, but it is like saying that we don't need route or netstat -rn because there
    > is /proc/net/route. The /proc/bus/pci/devices is good only if you know all ids
    > by heart.

    If we compare the situation to what we have with routing, we now get exactly
    the same -- for routes you have /proc/net/route and the `route' command to
    display it in human-readable format, for PCI you have /proc/bus/pci/devices
    and lspci.

    It's _really_ not sane to store table of all existing PCI devices in the
    kernel along with their names. The era of just a few PCI devices where
    /proc/pci was a possibility (although not a good one) is gone...

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "IBM = International Band of Magicians"