SubjectRe: Comments on Microsoft Open Source document
Hi Simon.

>>> Anyway, much more disturbing is the idea of "extending" the "too
>>> simple" IETF protocols, and hinting at adding enough complexity and
>>> options that "others" will have a hard time selecting what to
>>> implement first, and how.

> it's already happening

> anybody received an attachment from MS-Outlook recently? you need
> Outlook to extract the files - even Outlook Express cannot cope!

I have a simple solution to this - if somebody sends me an attachment
that I can't extract, I send them a message saying so and advising
them to send it in a format that I can extract. As far as I'm
concerned, the onus is on the SENDER to ensure the recipient can use
what they're attaching, not on the recipient to waste time doing other
people's jobs for them...

Best wishes from Riley.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.150 / U:0.768 seconds]