    SubjectRe: High UID support for Linux
    Hi Torsten.

    >> AV> Patch them?

    >> When you have no sources ? GREAT idea !

    > Where is the problem? Are there no Un*x-Tools to patch binary
    > files? We just have to search for a getpwent-call...

    OK, you do it - I'll send you the binary of a program there's no
    source to, you tell me the offsets to every getpwent call therein,
    making sure they are genuine pwent calls and not just data bytes that
    happen to look the same...

    Incidentally, remember that not all programs will load registers in
    the same order, and that the arguments pushed on the stack are not
    necessarily done consecutively...

    You game?

    Best wishes from Riley.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.021 / U:90.848 seconds]