SubjectRe: content-filtering of tcp-ip-packages
>     I don't have the user-level stuff, since that's McAfee proprietary,
> but it's a pretty simple thing to pick up connections, manually
> bridge them, then hand them off to a process to mangle. I did,
> however, write a BSD-licensed firewall (since WebShield Is Not A
> Firewall(tm), this doesn't break NDA's. Heh.) that uses this

It is, however, rather easy to use a transparent-proxy firewall rule
to redirect traffic into an existing user level Web proxy application
which does the filtering. squid contains code to handle the
transparency bit, and use an appropriately configured Muffin as its
parent for filter.

Olaf

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.039 / U:0.176 seconds]