SubjectRe: Device driver scheduling time
alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

Hi,

> > Is there any other way to achieve this ?
>
> Increase the value of HZ internally or use RtLinux

I increased the value of HZ to 256 and then 1024, but nothing seems to
change. With add_timer + struct timer_list, I still get 100 jiffies
per second (whenever the timer expires, I increase the number of
interrupts received and every 10000 interrupts I printk the number of
interrupts and the current value of jiffies)
With queue_task + struct tq_struct, the results don't seem to change
either...

I thought something would change when changing HZ in
/usr/src/linux/include/asm/param.h

It's my first experience with drivers in Linux, so I might be doing
something stupid... I'm using Alessandro Rubini's LDD book as a
reference.

Thank you for your time and help,

Claude

--
Claude Gamache, CAE Electronique Ltee, 8585 Cote-de-Liesse
Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada H4T 1G6