    SubjectRe: Device driver scheduling time
    alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox) writes:

    Hi,

    > > Is there any other way to achieve this ?
    >
    > Increase the value of HZ internally or use RtLinux

    I increased the value of HZ to 256 and then 1024, but nothing seems to
    change. With add_timer + struct timer_list, I still get 100 jiffies
    per second (whenever the timer expires, I increase the number of
    interrupts received and every 10000 interrupts I printk the number of
    interrupts and the current value of jiffies)

    With queue_task + struct tq_struct, the results don't seem to change
    either...

    I thought something would change when changing HZ in
    /usr/src/linux/include/asm/param.h

    It's my first experience with drivers in Linux, so I might be doing
    something stupid... I'm using Alessandro Rubini's LDD book as a
    reference.

    Thank you for your time and help,

    Claude

    --
    Claude Gamache, CAE Electronique Ltee, 8585 Cote-de-Liesse
    Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada H4T 1G6