SubjectRe: Either the IP masq code or my brain is broken.
Thanks to Juanjo and Andi, I think this problem is now fixed.

I think both of you simultaneously came up with the idea that the offset of
the data payload (proto_doff) could be negative, causing csum_partial() to
checksum the whole of physical memory before oopsing.

With all the debugging patches in place, I've just noticed a handful of these
on the console of our router:

IP_MASQ:I-pkt invalid packet data size

Which seems to confirm this diagnosis. This machine now seems stable. Thankyou
very much for your assistance.

All I have to do now is work out why it periodically stops flushing its
outgoing packet queue. When this happens, queueing a new packet will cause an
old one to be sent, but the queue remains a constant length.
ISTR the problem started shortly after the dev->tbusy debate. Possibly
something was broken by the resulting changes.

This latter problem can be temporarily cured by removing the ippp device and
reconfiguring it. My current workaround is to add 'isdnctrl delif ippp0' to my
diald disconnect script, and all the relevant stuff to build the interface
again in the connect script.

David Woodhouse David.Woodhouse@mvhi.com Office: (+44) 1223 810302
Project Leader, Process Information Systems Mobile: (+44) 976 658355
Axiom (Cambridge) Ltd., Swaffham Bulbeck, Cambridge, CB5 0NA, UK.
finger dwmw2@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk for PGP key.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.123 / U:0.040 seconds]