    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.129..
    Linus Torvalds writes:

    > ..is out there. To a large degree is more merges for PPC and Sparc (and
    > somehow I must have missed ARM _again_, so I'll have to find that).
    [...]
    > Have fun with it, and tell me if it breaks. But it won't. I'm finally
    > getting the old "greased weasel" feeling back. In short, this is the much
    > awaited perfect and bug-free release, and the only reason I don't call it
    > 2.2 is that I'm chicken.

    I'm still experiencing a problem, I'm afraid. Just before I left for
    work I booted it on my experimental machine (Cyrix 6x86 PR120). Just
    before it starts init, I get a NULL pointer dereference in the swapper
    tasks. By accident I found that if I set vga=0 then this doesn't
    happen. Normally I run with vga=6. This problem does not occur with
    2.1.124 (the last kernel I tried on this machine).

    Sorry I don't have any kernel logs to give at the moment: this machine
    runs completely discless and I rebooted it again to test vga=0, so the
    kernel logs vanished. Then I had to leave.

    Note also that with 2.1.129-pre5 I was getting a similar problem on my
    router (Cyrix 6x86MX PR233). This machine has a fairly recent
    motherboard (I got it around 6 months ago). The experimental machine
    is about 2 years old.

    > Kvaa, kvaa,

    OK, translate :-)

    Regards,

    Richard....

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:95.244 seconds]