SubjectRe: ppp and 2.1.126/2.1.125
Here is my conf modules (with a few entrees wrong..)
/etc/conf.modules:
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-26 ppp_deflate
alias char-major-14 ppp

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias char-major-14 snd
alias snd-minor-oss-0 snd-sb16
alias snd-minor-oss-3 snd-pcm1-oss
alias snd-minor-oss-4 snd-pcm1-oss
alias snd-minor-oss-5 snd-pcm1-oss
alias snd-minor-oss-12 snd-pcm1-oss
alias snd-card-0 snd-sb16
alias tY dummy
alias fb0 fbcon-vga

Vladimir Dergachev

PS I think I know I got the dummy thing wrong..

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, flewid wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>
> i have pppd 2.3.5, and, i think i have /etc/rc.d/rc.modules setup
> correctly, what should be in conf.modules, i have nothing in that.
>

> > On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, flewid wrote:
> >
> > > On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
> > >
> > > heh, as i said in the letter, i have tried the newest version of pppd, :)
> > >
> > In that case check /var/adm/messages. Most probably some of the modules
> > pppd needs are not loading. (in particular ppp.o is not enough, you also
> > need the compression modules - for which you have to specify in
> > /etc/conf.modules what they are called)
> >
> > Vladimir Dergachev
> > PS - btw - what is the newest version ? Mine is 2.3 p.l. 3

> > > .oOo. .oOo.
> > > flewid flewid@netcom.ca
> > > .OoO. .OoO.
> > >

> > > -
> > > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> > > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu
> > > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
> > >

> .oOo. .oOo.
> flewid flewid@netcom.ca
> .OoO. .OoO.
>

> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:2.042 / U:1.128 seconds]