SubjectRe: 2.0.36 socket, sendto errors
On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Somebody Withalastname wrote:

> Normally I wouldn't have noticed this, but since I have windows
> machines on my local net, I try to test them for attack vulnerability.
> Since I had just also setup a friends windows machine, we decided to
> test his to... Now I went to rootshell and got some standard attacks
> newtear.c for example. I could use them on this linux machine, my
> localnet's machines, but when attempting to test them on my friends
> machine accross the net. I got sendto Operation not permitted! Is this
> as a result of that obsecure attack fix, or just something else?

You need to be root to execute many of these attacks. Good thinking huh?

Cheers,
Alex.

---
/\_/\ Legalise cannabis now!
( o.o ) Grow some cannabis today!
> ^ < Peace, Love, Unity and Respect to all.
Check out http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk
Linux lo-pc3035a 2.1.128 #8 Fri Nov 13 09:19:51 EST 1998
One Intel Pentium 166MHz processor, 66.36 total bogomips, 16M RAM
System library 5.4.44

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans