SubjectNASM [was Re: The Kommunity vs. Dick Johnson]
Date
Hello, Mr. Johnson.

You have put up a good case for assembler language, and I thank you for it.

In one of your previous statements you mentioned that you were looking to apply
your talent in something worthwhile and I think I may know a win-win way for you
to contribute your expertise while not raising a C vs. assembly religious war.

NASM, [url http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/]
is looking for volunteers to stomp out the bugs,
tidy-up the codes, and make it an all around
industry-strength assembly utility for the people.

The guy responsible for NASM is Jules, -- his email is jules@earthcorp.com, --
please contact Jules if you want to help the NASM cause.

There is a (known) bug list for NASM at
http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/bugs.html

The source code available at the NASM (public) site is ver 0.97.

Ver 0.98 of NASM is coming out _very_ soon, and if you want to take a look at
one of the more recent _development_ version, nasm098p2 is available at
http://www.web-sites.co.uk/nasm/nasm098p2.zip.

There may be a more recent version available,
but I'm looking at the p2 right now trying to
eradicate the ELF bug.

Thank you for reading, Mr. Johnson.

Sincerely,
Pete
teamwork@freemail.c3.hu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.030 / U:0.276 seconds]