Subject2.0.36's "make menuconfig" broken on my system
Date
Hi,

The 2.0.36 release's "make menuconfig" console configuration program is
not displaying properly on my system. I also did a clean compile with
2.0.35 and the problem was not present so it seams apparent to me that the
problem is due to something wrong in the 2.0.36 release. I have attached
the malformed display, I got it from /dev/vcs1 and using a gpm cut and paste
(1 of each). The attached virtual console captures do not seam to show the
entire extent of the display problem (perhaps due to the lack of color) but
they do show a lack of spaces between the words and other parts of each
displayed option. On the Linux console each option is repeated twice on a
line with one overwriting part of the other. Part of the option window's
background spills over all the way into the screen border on the right. And
the non-IDE CD-ROM option line is displayed multiple times. I noticed the
same problem with the last 2.0.36pre patch although at the time I thought my
terminal settings had gotten screwed up. If anybody knows a way to fix this
I'd appreciate knowing. Thanks.

- A. Barbachan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.045 / U:0.028 seconds]