       From: "H. Peter Anvin" <>
    Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:29:56 -0800 (PST)

    > I've been thinking about this for a while myself, and it would be
    > interesting to put something like a major version number and datestamp
    > into the beginning of the interface header file:
    > /*
    > * linux/ext2fs.h
    > *
    > */

    I would use actual #define's. That is what autofs does, in fact.

    The reason why I was thinking about doing in comments was so I could
    have a general purpose autoconf macro that would do this for all
    packages. I suppose the autoconf macro could take as an argument the
    prefix name for the #define, though.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.017 / U:14.524 seconds]