   From: "H. Peter Anvin" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:29:56 -0800 (PST)

> I've been thinking about this for a while myself, and it would be
> interesting to put something like a major version number and datestamp
> into the beginning of the interface header file:
> /*
> * linux/ext2fs.h
> *
> */
I would use actual #define's. That is what autofs does, in fact.

The reason why I was thinking about doing in comments was so I could
have a general purpose autoconf macro that would do this for all
packages. I suppose the autoconf macro could take as an argument the
prefix name for the #define, though.

- Ted