SubjectRe: Linux 2.0.36pre22
On Sat, 14 Nov 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Isapnp reports that the *16bit* dma for the card can only be 0,1,3...
>
> Yep. Which are 8bit DMA channels. And no I don't know how the vibra is
> meant to be programmed in this state , one assumes that you feed 16bit
> samples as 2 byte wide samples to the chip but there seems to be more
> to it than that.

It's only some of the vibra series that do this.. I use a PnP Vibra16 C

aparently the later models were changed in design, mine (if used with isa
pnp tools) will function in 16bit with the standard SB16 kernel driver.

As to why they changed the design of the later vibra's I am not sure..

Regards, Jim.

__ name: james woodward (jim)
/ . _ _ email: jim@jim.southcom.com.au, jim@woodward.southcom.com.au
(_/ / / \/ ) www: http://jim.southcom.com.au, http://www.mailbag.ml.org