SubjectRe: ACPI thoughts
In article <199811122300.KAA01480@pcug.org.au>,
Stephen.Rothwell@canb.auug.org.au writes:
> Hi,
> Torsten Landschoff <t.landschoff@gmx.net> writes:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 1998 at 11:11:04AM -0500, Philip Gladstone wrote:
>>
>> > I've got two long plane rides ahead of me -- I'll try and work up
>> > a design for ACPI kernel/user interface and send it out next week.
>>
>> I am sure it does not belong here but I would like to use the feature of my
>> motherboard to power up the system at a given time, for example to get new
>> mails from my provider nightly (it much cheaper at night in germany).
>>
>> I do not know how to access it without using the bios setup and I did not f=
>> ind
>> any docs. Is there something in the acpi-specs?

> This is covered by APM and I currently have a patch in my in queue to
> allow it to be set up! Soon, soon ...

Does APM support catching soft power-off on ATX boards too? It would be
very cool if my PC shut down properly when the power switch is pressed
(like most workstations do). I know that ACPI covers soft power off, is
it possible to implement it without ACPI (all motherboards I own unfortunately
don't have real ACPI bios)

-Andi

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.097 / U:0.148 seconds]