SubjectRe: Linux as a SCSI _Target_ device?
On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Jeff Noxon wrote:
> I may ultimately eat my words, but I'd like to try to do it.
> Gerard, I'm hoping you can hold my hand on this one. :-)

The one thing you have to keep firmly in mind is that the 53c{7,8}xx
chips are best viewed logically as consisting of two parts: a dumb
SCSI chip that would fit somewhere between the 5380 family and 5390
family, if it were on its own (leaning heavily toward the '90 side),
and a script processor that talks to that SCSI chip, and these parts
*run* *independently*. Keep that in mind, and so don't depend on
nothing interesting happening on the SCSI side while you've got the
script processor halted. The SCSI side can't do a lot on its own, but
it can do things like, e.g., respond to a selection or reselection, so
if you write a script that expects that nothing will be talking to the
you when you start the script, you can get a surprise.

-Tim Smith

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.065 / U:3.256 seconds]