SubjectRe: SCHED_IDLE patch is a source of DoS
>So surely the fix is to have the SCHED_IDLE process temporarily lose its
>SCHED_IDLE status when it obtains any form of lock.

Its a fix, sure. But it also complicates kernel scheduling to the
point that future scheduling extensions will become very
difficult.
Also, "any form of lock" is a bit loose. Do we mean a "real" lock as
implemented by down()/up(), and which includes the appropriate
condition-waiting code, or spinlocks too, which provide no support for
the

lock();
schedule();
unlock();