SubjectRe: More fuel to the fire [was Re: Linus is on a powertrip..]
On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Anthony Heading wrote:

>This could mean a number of things in concrete, of course, including the
>naive hope that people might just be more understanding.
>
>Perhaps of more likely benefit though: RedHat might use some of their
>new-found capital and offer to fund Linus a dedicated
>secretary/adminstrator/PA. Someone who could sort through incoming
>patches, check that they diff cleanly, bounce them if they're badly
>documented or too large, keep a track of what's being tried in vger or
>anywhere else where credible hackers gather, inform patch authors of
>what's happened to their progeny, and also delete any incoming emails
>that are plain rude before Linus need see them.
>
>It seems to work for Don Knuth, so far as I can tell, and might reduce
>the pressure all round.

May they also auto delete postings that are either in pure HTML,
or both text and HTML. BTW, your message was in Text and HTML.
Waste of bandwidth period.

--
Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

Linux software galore: http://freshmeat.net