    SubjectRe: TCP bug?
    > It is not good idea. Any module (CIPE in this case) outside of core cannot
    > know, what generic fields in skb must be initialized in copying.

    Yes, and it's ugly too :-)

    > Most of fields in skb are strictly private to core.
    > If you believe, that some primitive is missing,
    > it would be better to submit it for inclusion to core.

    Basically I need a version of skb_realloc_headroom that allows me to
    specify needed headroom _and_ tailroom, because my driver adds a
    "footer" in addition to its own header. I can well imagine there could
    be real hardware drivers that need this too.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:36.584 seconds]