SubjectRe: Wrong patches
I admit that I am guilty of posting a reversed patch.  While I agree that
it would be better if I were more careful, I am amazed that a reversed
patch has caused such a stir. This was a single line patch. Anyone that
can't figure out that a one line patch is reversed should not be running
2.1.126. Also a reversed patch is not wrong, it is only reversed.
patch does have a -R switch and will even detect a reversed patch and
ask you if you would like to apply the -R switch.

So my advice is to get over it!

Allen